Share your Bills’ fandom story

NFL: Buffalo Bills at Jacksonville Jaguars
Melina Myers-USA TODAY Sports

We want to hear your Buffalo Bills origin story.

Welcome back to our weekend chat, Buffalo Bills fans.

This week, the talk turns to you once again!

We want to get to know some of the names and faces we interact with all the time. We are going to post these as fan profiles during the slower points of this offseason while it’s just us die-hards here. Don’t feel obligated, but it’d be cool if you filled it out.

Here is the link to fill out the form, and you can see the questions that are in the survey below with my answers.


Tell us about yourself and where you’re from:

I’m from Batavia and after growing up during the Super Bowl era, I waded through the playoff drought alone during college before finding Buffalo Rumblings during Panda Watch. I joined the staff after the 2011 season, eventually climbing to site manager, and took a full-time job with Vox Media in 2022 where I help oversee all 32 NFL blogs and work with SBNation.com’s national coverage.

I still live in Batavia with a wife, two kids, and a dog.

How and why did you become a Bills fan?

Like I said up above, I grew up while the Bills were going to Super Bowl every year. I was 7 when they were in Miami for Super Bowl XXV and 12 before I saw then lose a playoff game that wasn’t in the Super Bowl. Between all the adults being whipped up in Bills fever and them being really, really fun to watch, I was such an easy target.

Who is your favorite Bills player of all-time? Why?

I always loved Thurman Thomas because of his versatility, but my build and body type always led me to tight ends. I always liked when they got Pete Metzelaars and Jay Riemersma involved. Thurman wins, for sure, but those dudes needed some love.

Who is your favorite Bills player currently on the team? Why?

It’s really hard to say anyone that isn’t named Josh Allen, right? Continuing the trend from my youth, I have such high hopes for Dalton Kincaid, it’s almost unfair, and Dawson Knox is a fun guy to root for. Matt Milano is another player who is undervalued who needs a shoutout.

What is your favorite moment in Bills history? Why?

It is very easily the Greatest Comeback game. I have told this story on the site before, but it’s one of my favorite memories with my dad and brother, too. The game wasn’t on local TV, so we put the game on the radio and cleaned the basement. Dad eventually turned the game to music after the team was getting blown out, but mom kept the game on upstairs. I went upstairs to take a break or whatever and heard the Bills were coming back, so we switched it back in the basement, celebrating the entire way to the victory.

If you want to share social media handles, do so here:

My social media handle is MattRichWarren on Twitter and Instagram/Threads.


Here is the link to fill out the form so you can be featured, too!

Feel free to chat about this or anything else you might like in the comments section for the weekend. This is your place for fellowship.


Welcome to the weekend, Buffalo Bills fans. After a long week, it’s time to blow off a little steam. Use this thread to talk about... well, whatever it is you’d like to talk about. Maybe you’d like to share a cool story from your week.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post